Raf Inside Qatar >> Activities >>
Breaking the Fast and Fraternity
Ramadan is the month of generosity and kindness, and the Community Service Management in Sheikh Thani bin Abdullah Foundation for Humanitarian Services (RAF) took advantage of these high meanings of the blessed month of Ramadan and took the initiative to implement and strengthen communication with all communities residing in Qatar.
In order to contribute to facilitating the obligation of fasting, RAF Foundation launched the project of Breaking Fast and Fraternity, and it is resolved to implement it this year.
This project aims at providing meals for breaking the fast in certain days of the holy month of Ramadan to certain communities, and it will include some religious and awareness programs, as a number of prominent preachers around the Islamic world will participate in it along with preachers from the communities participating in the project. The benefactors will also get the reward of feeding a fasting person as our beloved Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (Peace and Blessing of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever feeds a fasting person will have a reward like that of the fasting person, without any reduction in his reward.” [At-Tirmithi who classified it as a Hassan and authentic Hadeeth]
• Project Name:
Breaking the Fast and Fraternity
Promoting the principle of Islamic brotherhood, fraternity, compassion and linking the beneficiaries from among the communities residing in Qatar with a Da’wah program and reaching to different community groups through breaking the fast banquets accompanied by purposeful social programs.
• Project Location:
• Targeted Group:
Children of communities residing in the State of Qatar
• Time Frame:
Certain days of the holy month of Ramadan.
• Implementation Method:
1. Getting ready well ahead of the beginning of the month of Ramadan and holding a press conference for beginning.
2 An application form for participation will be filled in by the leaders of communities.
3 A meeting will be held with the leaders of the proposed communities.
4. Targeted and selected sites will be determined by supervisors.
5. Contracts will be concluded with restaurants and a meeting will be held in order to facilitate the procedures for selecting meals and distributing them at the sites according to the agreement between both parties.
6. The leader of the community or his representative will be assigned to confirm the number of meals provided by the restaurant manager in the site.
7. There will be a receipt of the list of meals signed between the restaurant manager and the leader of the community and a fine (discount) will be determined for violating each type of the content of meals: water, snacks and main meals.
8. If the number is more than 1,000 people, two different restaurants will be assigned to provide meals in order to maintain the quality of meals.
9. Programs and breakfast will be organized before the twentieth of Ramadan on Thursdays and Fridays.
10 - Coordinating with the Islamic Cultural Center (Fanar) to provide religious booklets and brochures in different languages for each community separately and it will be distributed by a supervisor from Fanar.
11. Coordinating with the Ministry of Interior, Public Relations, for cooperating in the preparation of awareness programs.
12. An honoring ceremony will be organized for the supervisors and leaders of communities and all those who contributed to the project.
1. Ministry of the Interior
2. Islamic Cultural Center Fanar
3. RAF Center for the Propagation of Islam
• Estimated Cost of the Project:
The estimated cost is of QR 230,000